Friday, February 26, 2010

Passing by

Long time no post. Aplogies.

But I'm barely home with my new job and when I am I generally cbf blogging.
Also I'm just back from a 3 night trip to the Hunter Valley. It was amazing, although I learnt there IS such a thing as too much wine tasting, and it goes something like this: white, white, white, white, rose, red, red, red, sticky, sticky; new vineyard- sparkling, white, white, white, white, rose, red, red, red, red, sticky, sticky, sticky; lunch; new vineyard- white, white, white, sticky, sticky; new vineyard- white, white, white, white, rose, sticky; cheese factory- cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, gelato; home- where all retire to bed at 5pm to lazily read, mother falling asleep upright with open magazine in hands.
No. More! We said... Until tomorrow. Actually it was untill dinner, when we shared a bottle of verdelho (pronounced: ver-day-o. Im a connosieur now!)

And off to Nimbin for two weeks tomorrow, for work. V. v. excited. Will even get to laze aout on the beach on Sunday! And no doubt get drunk most nights... Thankfully I am back on the 13th, which is the day before mine and J's 2nd anniversary :) unfortunately that means I have to leave it up to him to organise the activities, which probably means we'll do nothing like last year lol.

Anyway, that's pretty much it, all that's left is a hugely belated but entirely neccessary acknowledgement to the tragic death of genius Alexander McQueen.
With all that beauty buzzing through his head it's not surprising he was unstable. I'll always remember him as one of the first designers I noticed, and the fashion world is, and will continue to, miss him dearly. May he find the peace he lacked in life.

-Mell xxx

P.S. I'll probably be AWOL during my stay in Nimbin, but since my workmates are all backpackers and have to take all of their belongings with them, I may be able to borrow a laptop and check in. Also I got some uncharacterisitic nature photos in the Hunter so I'll get them up soonish.

No comments:

Post a Comment