Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jumpin' on the GaGawagon

(...Yet again.)

So everyone else has already spoken about this but I feel I can’t not.
Lady GaGa. The raw meat dress.

Yes, for those who somehow don’t know, (maybe you're amish and haven't a TV, I'm not judging people who metaphorically live under hypothetical rocks here) one of GaGa’s three VMA dresses was made of raw meat. Apparently it was a comment on the US army’s policy on homosexuality (I’m not sure how, but that’s GaGa for you). Now personally, when i first saw the dress pictured, I didn’t even realise it was the meat dress. I’m not even kidding. I was like “that dress looks pretty cool” (I only glanced.) In fact compared to the Alexander McQueen ensemble (yes- complete with the Armadillo shoes)(I forgot to mention breathtakingly STUNNING) it looked rather tame. Then of course I read the caption and realised it was the infamous meat dress.



But I have to say, I’m pretty impressed. I mean, for a dress made of meat it looks damn hot! I especially like the details, with the matching meat-wrapped shoes and little meaty hat thing and the fishnets. Imagine putting a meat dress on over fishnets! Outrageous! Incredibly, she wore raw meat and still a damn sight better than a lot of others did.


(I’m looking at you Cher. The body stocking from the 21 year old ‘Turn Back Time’ film clip? WHY?!)



She may be crazy, but she’s still a genius. (GaGa. Not Cher. Just clearing that up.)

-m xx

p.s. I told you I had something non-travelly and not even me related to blog didn't I? Oh I've missed these posts...

EDIT: 69th post wew. About GaGa. How funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment